Plated, stamped (WMF / IKORA / GERMANY / SILVERPLATE); height 24.5 cm, width 16 cm, depth 16 cm;
Geislingen, c. 1963.
On a circular foot of half shaft with engraved inscription: "Installateur - u. Klempner Innunng Stormarn 15.3.1963" , owoidal, silver-plated, engraved with a delicate geometric pattern, against a matted surface.
It was created from the merger of the Straub and Ritter companies as the WMF auction company. In addition to its plants in Württemberg, it had branches in Berlin, Cologne and Vienna and also in Warsaw (Plewkiewicz), among others.
In 1928, the company introduced a new line of metal products called Ikora Metall. Its creators were outstanding designers and technologists. The IKORA mark guaranteed the high quality of the product. Ikora products were so highly regarded that designs were repeated more than once until the 1960s.