POZNAŃ, GDAŃSK, SOPOT, OPOLE, OLSZTYN, CHEŁMNO. Adressbuch der Kranke-, Pflege u. Wohlfahrtsanstalten Deutschlands. Adressen und Auskunftsbuch, Leipzig 1912, pp. 672 + VII pp. of advertisements.
Arranged alphabetically, the book contains information on health care facilities including sanatoriums, insane asylums, military and prison lazarette, etc., etc. For example, the city of Poznan had a population of 143,290 in 1912. There were 143 doctors and 14 pharmacies, and 48 various health care facilities. E.g., the City Hospital, which was owned by the city. It had 633 beds. In addition to the doctors also mentioned by name, there is information about the employment of 31 nurses, 65 nurses and 31 sisters from the Red Cross. The Jewish Hospital had 88 beds, headed by Hermann Elkes. Dr. Rosenstein, Dr. Caro, Dr. Salomon worked there, nurses and nurses were 10. There was another Jewish hospital of the Salomon Foundation. There was a shelter for the elderly named after Count Tadeusz Gorczynski Foundation, or Dr. Stasinski's ophthalmology clinic with 9 beds. Such information is given for 58 localities in the Poznan Province, and 24 in Bydgoszcz Province. In Gdansk alone there were 57 similar health care facilities. In Sopot, according to the address book, there were 19 thousand residents and 19 doctors and 2 pharmacies. The health resort operated from 1.VI to 31.XI. The spa tax was 15 marks, and for families it was 30. 20 thousand people visited the resort annually. Nine doctors worked for them. There was also the Baltic Sanatorium in Sopot and 3 other establishments. In the entire Danzig regency, similar establishments operated in 20 more towns. In the Kwidzyn regency there were 42 of them. For example, in Chelmno, which had a population of 1,200, there were 8 doctors and 2 pharmacies. Garrison Lazaret: 30 beds, 1 von Horer military doctor and 4 nurses. There was also St. Vincent's Hospital run by nuns. It had 280 beds. The smallest could hospitalize 14 people.
In Silesia, health care was presented in the Wroclaw, Legnica and Opole districts. A total of more than 200 towns and cities. For example, in Opole, with a population of 33,900 people, there were 24 doctors and 4 pharmacies. There were 4 institutions including St. Adalbert's Hospital, a private one with 220 beds. There were 50 sisters of the Franciscan order. All sanatoriums existing at the time in the Sudetenland and throughout Silesia are listed.
In addition, localities from the Königsberg, Gąbin regions are listed. A total of 90. Most of them became Polish after 1945. Olsztyn had a population of 27,422, 31 doctors and 3 pharmacies. There were 9 institutions, the largest of which was in Kortowe. It had 1,024 beds, an adequate number of doctors and as many as 16 nurses. The same information comes from cities in West Pomerania.
Hardcover, cloth binding, rubbed gilt with title, otherwise st. bdb. RARE PUBLICATION.